Re: How much tire clearance?

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Subject: Re: How much tire clearance?
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 08:59:00 -0500
>On my neon, with a G-Force 225 on the back I've got .25" clearance to
the
>trailing link (or whatever its called).  With a 205, I've got .5"  I've
>never seen any rub marks witht he 205, but I dunno if .25" clearence is
>enough.  Anyone know?
===================
Well.............Most Neon drivers run the 205/55-14s out back which
pretty much eliminates any chance of rubbing.  And with the narrower 205
versus your 225 tire on the back end it's easier to get the car into a
slight oversteer attitude which is imperative for fast times. Or so I've
been told so that's how I run my Neon.

>These are on 34mm offset wheels btw.  I guess having to machine wheels
has
>some good points as I can be right at the .25" offset allowance... :-)
=====================
Oh good, I'm not the only one who had to make the local machinist
slightly richer in order to remove that extra ever-so-slightly-illegal
0.65mm of hub material since American Racing changed the wheel specs.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Mustang Sally,
guess you better slow your Mustang down.
"Mustang Sally" by Wilson Pickett