Kumho pressures for GS '97 GTI?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Kumho pressures for GS '97 GTI?
From: NASA-VA Jon Felton <nasa-va@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 00:06:42 -0400
Hi AutoXers,

One of our members is trying R-comp tires (Kumhos)
for the first time on his G Stock '97 VW GTI.  What's a
good starting point for pressures?

He is going to run the car at a track day (you know...
a real racetrack, not a parking lot) later in May and we're
looking for some baseline pressures from which we can
use pyrometer readings and the old "shoe polish trick" to
fine-tune.  Anyone got a suggestion for those tires and
that particular car?

Please reply privately, I'm on digest.

Thanks in advance,

Jon
___
Jon Felton, Director
National Auto Sport Association, Virginia Region
http://am.net/nasa