Re: ProSolo info for a rookie?

To: Mtnman3620@aol.com
Subject: Re: ProSolo info for a rookie?
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 18:07:30 -0700
Basic info from my experiences:

You get to run in two different classes during your runs. Let's assume
you run National Series. You run first against your own normal class,
just like any Solo event. Then, the fastest drivers (based on how far
back you are from the leader in your class) move on to the challenges
(except they only take 4 cars from a class max..argh). Okay, keep that
in mind.

You run mirror image courses (or as close to mirror image as the site
allows). You use a drag-race style "christmas tree" light start. When
you run, you will roll you car forward until the front wheel trips the
second white light (Stage). I roll backward until it goes out then
forward to light it again to make sure I am staged as far back as I can
be. There may be a first light called PRESTAGE that will also be lit.
Make sure the STAGE light is lit when the lights start dropping or your
run is disqualified. BTDT.

At the same time, there is a SHOT CLOCK that is counting down from 25
after the last driver started. This is the time you have to get staged.
No big deal. If there is a problem, the starter will go to a manual
start.

You should not wait for the light to turn green to go, but if you go to
quickly, you will see a red light and the run is disqualified and you
will get no time. I find that leaving on the third yellow is close to
optimum for my car.

It is a good idea to be there at the site by 3:00pm Friday and do some
practice starts that you can purchase, plus you can register, tech, and
walk the course.

You have normal run groups, and you will be gridded against your
competition starting out based upon your car number. Number 13 will go
before number 75. This changes Saturday afternoon when you are now
gridded based on where you stand in your class. Kinda cool visual
feedback and can provide closer head to head competition.

When you do run, a staff person will make sure you are gridded in the
right slot, and will tell you when to pull the car up. They are very
helpful! You will start on one side and run it, then immediately run the
other side. Always make sure you are running against the same person!

After your first two runs, you go back to the lines on the same side you
just ran on. If you ran Right/Left, you go the LEFT lane and wait. You
will now run it again LEFT/RIGHT.

Your standings are based on your best right AND left times.

There is impound after Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning runs. Do
not take your car out of impound or anywhere else without instruction.
Stay near your car. If you might be in the challenges after Sunday
morning, there will be a secondary impound area to pull your car into.
It has to stay there until you run.

To Be Continued....

Randy Chase