Marshalltown Go-Kart Track

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Marshalltown Go-Kart Track
From: "The Christianson's" <chrstson@netins.net>
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 21:24:48 -0500
The Iowa Region hosted an event at the Marshalltown Go-Kart Track today
that in my opinion was a great success.  We were forturnate to have
numerous visitors from the KC area and Nebraska.  (Maybe others that I'm
not aware of)

I just got home after about a 14 hour day, and I know that my day was
shorter than many.  I would like to thank all of the folks that traveled
across state lines to support our event.  This was with out a doubt the
best showing of competitors we've had at Marshalltown.  This was the first
of a three event event series at Marshalltown this year, and we hope to see
all of you back at the next event August 1st.

We are trying to come up with a way to speed the event up some, I'm sure
some of you have some suggestions. I'd like to hear them.  (probably sorry
I said that)  The problem is that to get the true Marshalltown experience
you have to run two laps, which means if you have a big turnout you only
get two runs.  I personally think that two 80 second runs at this site is
more fun than 3 or 4,  40 second runs at many events.  Seat time works out
the same.

Again I would like to thank all that came and supported the event.  (In
state and out) I hope every one had as much fun as I did.

Now I have to go clean weeds out of my grill. (An agricultural experience
on my fun run)

Jeff Chistianson
# 65 Westfield EM