adding Torsen LSD?

To: list@spokes.org
Subject: adding Torsen LSD?
From: "m.roadster performance usa, l.l.c." <dan@mroadster.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 12:09:44 -0500
Is a limited slip really worth it for autocrossing?

I'm not fully convinced that the Sport package is the way to go for
autocrossing but it does have the Torsen LSD.  that, to me, is the only
benefit that i'm missing from my Touring package Miata.  i favor my 14"
wheels over the 15s right now.

but...in order to get Torsen and still keep the 14" wheels, i would have
needed to get my miata with what's called the PEP (popular equipment
package).  the PEP includes the touring package PLUS torsen LSD, cruise
control, power door locks, the BOSE sound system, power antenna and a
windblocker panel.   all of this is EASILY upgradeable for my Touring..

but my question is...is it worth it just for a torsen?    i'm not convinced
that "extra weight" such as the power locks, sound system etc. is any
difference whatsoever in performance.

thoughts?

dan pedroza, mroadster performance usa
we've moved!!
tel : (512) 9 9 0 - 8 2 1 1
fax : (603) 6 9 7 - 6 3 3 6
http://www.mroadster.com
mailto:dan@mroadster.com
solo2 bs 99   <><
don't wander too far from The M Road....