Alignment

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Alignment
From: Scott R Sawyer <reddog_es22@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 21:21:12 -0400
I have a question about the alignment on a front drive car. Almost
everything I've read and heard has recommended running toe out in the
front. In a few places though, I've have seen toe in recommended
(Grassroots, June/July '98). It seems to me that running toe in would
work better because as you start to turn into the corner you load the
outside tire. Since this tire is turned in more than the amount of
steering lock you have cranked in (because it was preloaded from the
toe), I would think the car would turn in more quickly. Is this right? If
not, why? Basically, I'm just trying to get an idea of not just WHAT
works, but also WHY. TIA.

Scott Sawyer
'91 Civic Si, ES 22
Team Underdog Racing