Re: Hoosier 275/45X16 experience?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hoosier 275/45X16 experience?
From: "Robert K. Marcho" <Marcho@Bible.acu.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 10:07:41 -0500
At 09:49 AM 4/28/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Bob,
>I think it should be mentioned you are running the '97 A3S02 tire
and not
>the current A3S03 tire which has a different compound and
construction.  The
>'97 A3S02 tire compound was a 'soft' roadrace compound which heat
cycled too
>fast for roadrace use but worked well for autocross use.  We've
not noticed
>the current A3S03 tire to heat cycle and it seems to store better
than the
>old compound.
>Hope this helps,
>Ron Ver Mulm
>#38CP
>R & S Racing Inc.
>(888)261-1243US
>(515)462-3432
>http://www.rsracing.com

Thanks for the clarification Ron. Indeed, mine are the A3S02. I
didn't mention that I've always bagged immediately after each event
and left them bagged until the next event. Is this good or bad?
I've also decided to try Formula V to bring them back for one last
event with ER in Dallas May 9. Have you ever tried this stuff? I
painted on my first application last night. We are going to run the
tires on my son's C4 Vette in a few ER events. I know they are a
little small compared to the optimum tire size for stock early rims
(his is an 85), but we can't afford anything bigger now.

Sure didn't mean to bad-mouth the Hoosiers. I repeat, I still think
they are the hot setup if you can afford new ones regularly. And it
might be that they come back after treatment. If we they do, then
we will probably order some more from you. Maybe not for awhile,
Neal Bellamy gave me his A3S03 take-offs this past weekend. Not
sure how many runs left in them, but they were free.

By the way, I've referred everybody to you if they are going to go
with Hoosiers. I even run your decal on the car. You gave us great
service. I just wish we were still 1st like a few occasions last
year, instead of 2nd each week this year.

Bob

           Dr. Robert K. Marcho
      Abilene Christian University
      Graduate School of Theology