Re: Fwd: FW: virus

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fwd: FW: virus
From: Walter Fooshee <wfooshee@csi.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 10:49:06 -0500
Let's stop right now with the virus paranoia!!!! I have about 18 copies
of this exact message, with different names, dating back over five
years. A quick 30-second trip to microsoft.com for a search would have
shown you 0 hits on buddylst.zip. Anything that was announced yesterday
should be dated, don't you think? Someone on the Internet will get my
name and password?  Puh-LEEEEASE! And no mail message can carry a virus.
Any virus transmitted by mail is in an attachment, and can only be
activated by running the attachment. Reading a message CANNOT ACTIVATE A
VIRUS!!!  I know whereof I speak on this, I've been in PCs since an XT
cost $5000 for an 8086 @ 4.77 MHz, a 10MB 90-ms drive, and 256K RAM,
monochrome, and would run Netware. If you get a message with all this
paranoid crap, but no real references, trash it and go to Symantec's
site or somwhere and look it up. It isn't hard to verify this crap
before you spam all these lists and waste people's time.

Walter Fooshee
Dixie Region Probe GT