RE: Why DOT? Why not slicks?

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Why DOT? Why not slicks?
From: Tom Gentry <tgentry@execpc.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 11:19:13 -0500
Why not slicks in SP?  Have we really gone that far into bastardizing the
original intent of "Street Prepared"?

SCCA keeps wondering why it's so hard to attract new competitors, and here's a
good example of why.  A class is started (Street Prepared) so that cars with
common enthusiast, street modifications can compete.  Of course, right off the
bat some of the more common mods that street cars use are banned, but still
it's an interesting class.  Then the trailered cars start appearing, and now
you're talking about slicks.

As it is, it appears that my mildly modified and street driven Cobra have been
banished to CM, which proves to me that the rule makers aren't serious about a
Street Prepared category anyway. So why not just change the name SP (Street
Prepared) to PW (Prepared Wannabes)?

Tom Gentry
Life is too short to understand SCCA rules!
'96 Ford SVT Cobra, Mystic #1345/2000 (mostly stock)
'72 Triumph TR-6 OD (mostly modified)
'59 Triumph Model 10 Sedan (mostly in boxes)