Re: Kumho directional tread??

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Kumho directional tread??
From: Tommy Regan <tommy_regan@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 09:31:15 -0700 (PDT)
Danny Boy,

I think Kumhos are assymetrical and not directional.  Meaning they have
a specific "outside" sidewall, but it doesn't matter in which direction
they rotate.  So don't pay attention to the rotation arrows, only the
"this side out" markings.  So the outsides will always be the outsides.
 This, unfortunately, won't help much with regard to tire rotation from
my experience.

Later,
Tommy

--- "m.roadster performance usa, l.l.c." <dan@mroadster.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> for those running on Kumhos, has anyone rotated the tires without
> paying
> attention to the arrow on the outside pointing which direction they
> should
> be facing?  because of these arrows and the look of the tread when
> new i
> assumed they were directional....
>
> this past weekend Mark Skelton noticed that my Kumhos were on the
> wrong
> side so in essence i was running the tread in the wrong direction.
> (chalk
> it up to changing my wheels/tires at the last second during the
> drivers
> meeting)   heck, i'm not going to complain since i still ran fast
> enough to
> edge out B stock.  but, this opens up a can of worms regarding the
> construction of the tire.  If they're really not directional then i
> can
> flip-flop them to save the outside corner from premature wear.
>
> any thoughts?
>
> i'm running on 205/55/14s
>
> dan pedroza
> http://www.mroadster.com