Re: What is Pro Solo?

To: N61WP@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What is Pro Solo?
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 22:41:51 -0400
At 09:57 PM 4/16/99 EDT, N61WP@aol.com wrote:
>Could someone explain what exactly a Pro Solo course is?  I just read
>something about autoX and drag racing, and I'm really confused, (nothing
new).
>ThanX,
>James Coronato
>Fake Healey

Picture two, mirror image autocross courses. Place the start line of each
course next to each other at a safe distance. Use drag race type "christmas
tree" starting lights and staging. Time starts when the lights go green.
Swap sides to equalize potential best times. Give each competitor six runs
on each side total for the weekend (2 Sat am, 2 Sat pm, and 2 Sun am) and
determine overall position in class by adding the one best time on each
course together.

Then, run a "handicap challenge" Sunday pm based on best times in each
class as the "dial in". Various versions of challenge (Pro, Open, Ladies).

Great fun! Might be better described on SCCA's web site . . .
Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford