Re: Engine Vacuums

To: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>, "racing" <racing@rennlist.org>,
Subject: Re: Engine Vacuums
From: "Steve Hoult" <stevehoult@home.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 11:44:51 -0500
>I was watching a car show (big surprise!) on what I think was
>Speedvision - but it may have been ESPN or somesuch. May have been Motor
>Trend - maybe not. But anywhoooo, they had a new gizmo from Sun that was
>supposed to clean all carbon deposits and gunk out of the engine. They
>showed various internal engine components before and after and it was
>really impressive. They inject a bunch of chemicals into the fuel line
>while the car is running and it cleans everything right up.
>
>Has anybody done this? How much did they charge? Anybody know a location
>in the Orlando area that has one?

There are many companies with this kind of product now. There are even
generic versions. Some are very easy to use. I've seen a NAPA brand version
that is a aerosol can that screws into a valve/gauge set. You remove the
fuel line from your cars FI and replace it with the line from the
Valve/Gauge set and run the car off the can of cleaner until it runs out.
Now the insides of you engine are (supposedly) clean.

I think this is going to become one of those services that every corner
garage is going to what to offer, including the Quick Oil change guys. It
takes no brains to do, is very hard to mess up, takes about 15 minutes to do
and is almost ALL profit!

Steve Hoult  '89 SC   ASP 9   Flat Duck Racing
Visit the MR2 SC Registry at www.mr2sc.com