Re: PT Cruiser

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: PT Cruiser
From: Steve Couture <stevecouture@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 08:40:13 -0700 (PDT)
I sincerely doubt that the PT Cruiser will be any better an autocrosser
than a first generation Chrysler mini-van.  I make this assertation based
on a couple of observations:

1.  Lots of glass up high.  Glass is heavy.  Heavy up high = high CG =
negative impact on handling as compared to its Neon brethren.
2.  Although based on the Neon platform, the underpinnings are /*not the
same as*/ the Neon.  When I saw the PT Cruiser at the Detroit Auto Show I
spent some time maneuvering around the display to get a good look under
the beast.  Yes, under.  The big thing I saw that I have yet to hear
anyone else point out is the rear I-beam suspension.  Definately not a
Neon piece.  Definately not an ideal autocross setup.

--
Steve Couture (rhymes with future!)
98 Neon ACR #57 DS