Re: DSM abs problem?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DSM abs problem?
From: David K Yeung <dkyeung@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 16:47:50 -0500
I would suspect something is not right with one of the wheel speed
sensors.  the control module is getting misinformation that one of the
wheels is too slow and begins dumping pressure as soon as brakes are
applied.  although, I would  guess the ABS module would have set some
kind of trouble code or warning light.  but anyway, check the electrical
connections at the wheels.  if you ran over some debris or had an
off-road excursion something may have jostled loose.  If there is a left
or right pull when braking maybe one of the fronts is dumping pressure,
if there is no pull I would suspect the back is dumping pressure.  good
luck.

Dave Yeung
Houston Region

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999 21:00:15 EDT Mtnman3620@aol.com writes:
> I have noticed lately, though, that my abs comes on from almost the
time you hit the brakes.