Re: PSI Questions

To: drpepper <drpepper@nacs.net>
Subject: Re: PSI Questions
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 17:49:03 -0700
drpepper wrote:

> I just ran in my first serious autox this past sunday (ran in 4 last year
> to see if I liked it, boy am I hooked) and am wondering about PSI. Not what
> to put in my tires (used the solo ii handbook from www.autocross.com and
> that seem to work ok) but how to put the PSI in the tires!
>
> I have a versapak inflator that is poor to say the least...

Yup. Pretty slow.

> Sears has a 9gal, 125psi portable air tank with gauge and hose for $40. So
> how much and how many times should I be able to put air in my tires?

9 gal is plenty big. I use a 5 gal, and while it can't inflate a fully
flat tire more than once, it certainly can help in maintaining any
desired pressures at an autox. The real trick is to find a compressor
that can get you up to 100 psi. Most gas stations with the little "air
stations" don't get much higher than 60 psi. Find a gas station that has
a service bay or a truck stop. Tire shops are good too.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/