MR2 T-Tops Question

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: MR2 T-Tops Question
From: "Mike McLeish Sr." <mikemel@iquest.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 21:53:06 -0600 (MDT)
I'm requesting feedback from those familiar with the MR2T:

My daughter is contemplating buying a 91 MR2 Turbo and asked my opinion as
to its competitiveness in AS.  It has T-Tops.
Does the T-Top option make it significantly slower than the hardtop model?
Is there any other reason to stay away from the T-Top option?
To define "significantly" to me, maybe I should state it as:
In a 50-second 2nd-gear course, is the difference
A. <0.1 second     (insignificant)
B. >0.1 and <0.5   (hardly noticeable)
C. >0.5 and <1.0   (food for thought), or
D. >1.0 seconds    (significantly slower)?

TIA

Mike McLeish Sr.
ES 95 SC2
mikemel@iquest.net