Kumho Stuff for the upcoming National Tour

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Kumho Stuff for the upcoming National Tour
From: "Su Brude" <sbrude@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 18:49:50 -0600
I have a decision to make that I never thought I would have a problem
making.  For the last couple of years I have been running Hoosiers, I would
not consider going to a big event without new tires to run on. (even though
most of the time I did not have a prayer, just ego)  This year I started
running on Kumhos & they are agreeing with the car.  My dilemma is that out
of habit, I have a backup set of tires mounted and ready to go for this
weekend.  The set that I have on the car are (guessing of course) 50% - 70%
good.  (since they are my first set, I am not quite sure when they will
start going away).  If they where on the same set of rims I would not think
twice about running the new ones, but they are on my second set which is
about 4 lbs. heavier each than the stock rims.  Would I gain anything on the
new Kumhos?  Even with the weight difference?  I changed to the Kumhos since
they seem to have a longer useful tire life, I am just wondering if they
still go away after time?

Does anyone know what the Kumho sticker requirements are for their
contingencies?  (once again, not a prayer, I just need to help identify
which of the many red rx-7s is mine, boy I glad they make us put numbers on
them.  ;-)  )

Thanks in Advance & See ya in Texas,
Su Brude
#93 SS (yes open class) - '93 "Arrest-Me-Red" RX-7
Texas Region