Re: SP Proposal ,Taking back apology

To: autox@autox.team.net, Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>,
Subject: Re: SP Proposal ,Taking back apology
From: Adam Popp <raft321@fuse.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 14:53:36 -0500
Hello Josh! This is Adam again, remember me. Hey remember when you said
to me that you didn't say A/SP was the best class, but the quickest!
Well I saw in this message that you said something like A/SP is the top
of SP category and that sounds like you meant the best to me! There's a
couple of other things, that I want to talk about to like....

> Joshua Hadler wrote:
>

> > > Find me an Elan for that kinda money that's Sp prepared?
> >
> >         Find me -any- ASP car that's fully prepared for way under $20k.
>Lotus
> > or not. I don't think it can be done. The point is, and I think we can
> > all acknowledge this, ASP is an expensive class. The fact that the Lotus
> > Elan is still such a good car for the class is a testament to the
> > quality of the car and the skill of its drivers.

 I would like to see you say that to Craig Carr, Charles Cave or Rex
 Carle. I'm sure they love there Lotus Elans, but it depends upon the
 drivers skills to win.

> > >    If it is hard to get for the average racer wether it because of price
>or
> > > pure numbers of cars still living the issue should remain the same no
>matter
> > > the reason!
> >
>        Then let's go out an ban all old and rare sports cars! Morgan? Gone.
>  TVR? Gone. 356 Carerra? Gone. Shelby Cobra? Gone. Mini Cooper? Gone.
>Split window Vette? Gone.

Or your '74 914?

> >        Come on Scotty, we all play on the same track, and we all play in
>the same club. We've got to make a place for anyone who wants to play. You
>managed to find a place for yer big ol' Karvette to play. If you feel there
>are other "too slow" cars in ASP, then petition to bump 'em down
> into BSP with all the rest of ya. ASP is the top of the SP category,

 Uh, oh! look what I found in the above sentence! Plus you spelled
corvette wrong.

> > there's got to be a place for all cars. If you would rather duke it out in
>BSP with Curt and Shauna, be my guest. Petition the SEB for a
>  reclassification, I'm sure Curt and Shauna wouldn't mind. ;-)

 I'm sure Daniel, Phil, Duke L. wouldn't mind either.

> >         I do feel that SP needs another class, but that's a topic for a
> > different subject line...

 So Josh do you really want to play Hardball.  Oh, and about the SP
proposal. They won't move the Fiat X19's to C/SP because they moved the
old Mazdas from D/SP to C/SP a year or so a go. Do you want to go to
A/SP because those Honda CRX's and Mazdas are beaten you all the time.
If you love A/SP so much why don't you get a car that's classed in A/SP
and compete with them.
        And by the way Scotty, I'm not bias, I like watching A/SP and
that classe's top guys battle it out. Some of them are fun to watch.
This year Scotty, I will be autocrossing a '86 vette in B/SP and I'm
pretty good myself. And if Daniel went to the nationals last year he
would of have won. Josh saying that the B/SP corvettes have no chance in
hell against the top cars in A/SP is bs. My brother beat a few of the
top A/SP cars at the pro solos in '97 when B/SP and A/SP were in the
same class together (ISP). I'm not saying Daniel is the fastest man in
the world Mr. Hung, but he is pretty damn close when it comes down to
autocrossing. And that's the bottom line, because Adam Popp said so!!!

Oh and by the way, Happy Easter to all!