Re: A different perspective (Re: SP Proposal)

To: Peter Wong <rudeboy@nwnexus.com>
Subject: Re: A different perspective (Re: SP Proposal)
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 09:22:56 -0600
Peter Wong wrote:

> In my region, I'm actually not arguing to go to SS...the SS class winner
> usually runs faster times than the ASP winner.  All I'm saying is that not
> allowing production cars to be in stock makes the barrier to winning very
> high for a beginner who is being penalized for his choice of car.

You are a blessed minority.  I say blessed because you actually want to
play with your expensive toy in a manner that was intended by the
makers.  They would at least smile upon you.  :)
FerarriLamboVectorAstonJagMaserWhatever owners do not typically feel
that AX is worthy of their machines.  Anyway, in most cases the
statement about a beginner being penalized for the choice of car is not
really true.  Being a beginner is more of a penalty than any car could
be.  No insult intended, and you might be one of those people we all
hate....the "natural", but for most of us mere mortals the car just is
not a factor for awhile.

I get your point, but I think you will find that there just are not a
large enough group of you to make a case for change.  Drive that Viper
the best you can and keep learning.  Most important...keep having fun!

--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese