A different perspective (Re: SP Proposal)

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: A different perspective (Re: SP Proposal)
From: "Peter Wong" <rudeboy@nwnexus.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 19:47:37 -0800
I'm coming at things from a different perspective.  I own a Viper that I
like to autox and have kept it pretty much stock.  It isn't even prepped to
the extent that stock rules allow.

Is a stock Viper competitive with an SP prepped ASP car?  Have high caliber
drivers with stock Vipers won ASP? If not, being stuck in ASP requires me to
spend yet more money on my car if I want to win (disregard my lack of autox
experience for now).

In my region, I'm actually not arguing to go to SS...the SS class winner
usually runs faster times than the ASP winner.  All I'm saying is that not
allowing production cars to be in stock makes the barrier to winning very
high for a beginner who is being penalized for his choice of car.

Perhaps the solution is to form SDSS "Super Duper Showroom Stock" and throw
the showroom stock Vipers, Ferraris, 993TT, Lambos, Vectors, Aston Martins,
etc... in there to duke it out.

Peter