Re: THE TRUTH about catalytic converters

To: MR JIM ZIMMERMAN <HAHM53A@prodigy.com>
Subject: Re: THE TRUTH about catalytic converters
From: Paul Schelling & Kate Hughes <brholler@servtech.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 22:33:52 -0500
MR JIM ZIMMERMAN wrote:

> People seem to be under the misconception that state emission tests are
> about clean air ... they are not. They are about REVENUE, pure and
> simple.  It works this way:

I disagree strongly, Jim.
*Speeding Tickets* are about revenue.
Emissions, in my opinion, have come far enough since their inception
that they really are making a difference.

Ask someone who has lived in Los Angeles for 40 years.  I think you'll
find they've noticed a big difference.

The difference between the state tests and the federal tests is several
thousand dollars. The states do what they can afford to (make you) do.

Kate Hughes