Re: 6sp Miata

To: Team Net <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 6sp Miata
From: "Brian P. Van Lieu" <bvl@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 09:19:33 -0500
> Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 12:42:28 -0800 (PST)
> From: Topper Jones <gbrt@rocketmail.com>
> Subject: 6sp Miata
>
> I have been anxious to see and drive the 6sp Miata.  I
> stopped by the Mazda dealer in Pensacola, FL. this morning
> and they had two.  I didn't like the looks of the blue
> ragtop but I could live with it.  What I really didn't
> like was the price.  With the additional dealer markup of
> $5000 one of the cars had an asking price of $34,000 plus
> and the other one well over $35,000.

Topper,

    You were witnessing the 10th anniversary edition
of the miata. about 3000 will be imported to the US.

Its mostly a looks and collectors package, which is
why the insane markups on the car (puhleeze,
a miata for 35K?)

Although the Japanese market Eunos gets the
6sp tranny in all cars, USDM gets 5 speeds with
the only exception being the 10 AE. Perhaps
next year, or will that tranny go into the next
RX-7 :)

For an AutoXer, the Sport package is the way to go
(lighter, and IIRC, no power steering)

If you really want a 10 AE, shop around. Many dealers
will let them go for MSRP. Warm states are jacking the prices
up as they know they will have the demand.

As far as rare miatae, there are still other SEs, colors
and most definately any R package, that is more
rare then the 3000 AEs we will get :)

- b, who has a biased color to begin with