S.D. Tour PAX results

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: S.D. Tour PAX results
From: "Jeff Cawthorne" <zo7vette@san.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 12:32:11 -0800
SS was in the first group each day.  It was very slick in a number of
crucial areas.  Here is my excuse for not being 2nd or 3rd in PAX: I hit the
very first cone, before the lights, on my fastest run on Sunday, which was
eight tenths faster than my official best, 1/2 a second faster than any
other SS car.  No matter what the first run group conditions were, or the
cone I hit,  was there any way of catching Steve Eguina.  His LT4 was a
fricken rocket ship on those very fast courses, no one was going to beat
him, great job Steve.  And yes I know that George and Gary were affected by
the Kelly motor launching, but neither of them were going to catch Steve.

Jeff Cawthorne
San Diego
92 Corvette SS