RE: SP rules on catalytic converters

To: "'dg50@daimlerchrysler.com'" <dg50@daimlerchrysler.com>,
Subject: RE: SP rules on catalytic converters
From: "Mohler, Jeff" <jeff.mohler@wilcom.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 09:21:27 -0600
> The (dare I say it?) obvious option is to allow modifications to boost
> control
> devices, either totally at will, or anything that is not part of the
> turbocharger proper - and then reclass any overdogs that turn up.
        ---

        This would probably be most "fair" as you would be able to run your
full flow potential.  You are limited by the turbo physics when it comes
down to it.

        Protesting:  If the turbo has the stock casing and part number
stamp..fine.  Its probably stock.  But after that you would need a teardown
to determine if the compressor/turbine wheels are stock (not hard, and lots
easier than a motor teardown)

        It really would match all the open-ness allowed in a N/A car, they
can mod for airflow as much as they want to it seems.

        Good post, have you sumitted that to the SEB for review?