Fwd: SP rules on catalytic converters, a dead horse of a differant color

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: SP rules on catalytic converters, a dead horse of a differant color
From: A4autox@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 10:39:51 EST

--part0_921771593_boundary

In a message dated 3/18/99 7:39:04 AM Pacific Standard Time, A4auto x writes:

<<
 In a message dated 3/18/99 7:30:27 AM Pacific Standard Time, wfooshee@csi.com
writes:

 <<
  It's not against the law to not have them, it's illegal (I believe) to
  remove them. There's a difference. Muffler shops won't install pipes in
  place of cats unless you sign something to the effect that it's off-road
  or competition use only, and some not even then. >>
    Nope, wrong, its against the law for a dealer or a shop to remove them in
some area's, it is not against the law for you or I, the owner of the car, to
remove them. In many counties, there is no vissual check, even though there is
a smog check, I even rolled through the King County (Bellevue Wa.) smog
station and passed with flying colors in my 944 turbo, with Hoosier tires, no
CAT, no MUFFLER, mass air intake system, plastic windows, full role cage and
no side windows, the guys laughed and couldn't belive it passed! then they
signed me off, and I had tabs!
   Curt O. >>

--part0_921771593_boundary