Re: Port-installed parts (Toyota Camry)?

To: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Port-installed parts (Toyota Camry)?
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 20:50:24 -0500
At 05:35 AM 3/17/99 -0800, Craig Blome wrote:
 Where does
>port installation fall in stock class rules?  I know section 12.4
>explicitly states "installed on the factory production line".  But
>there are several cars with port installed equipment already in Stock
>classes (the '97 R package Miata is one according to my local Mazda
>dealer).

You want to have a fun discussion, ask the Sunbeam Tiger guys and gals
about "LAT Options". Some of us "old timers" remember the numerous, to put
it mildly, letters written to the Solo Board about options that were
installed in the "Los Angeles extension of the English factory" or some
such argument. I remember even supporting the Tiger guys who wanted the
options even though they ran against my Datsun 260Z. Probably because I
usually beat them even with the options?

"The more things change, the more they stay the same..."

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford