Re: Car number question

To: Mike Bultemeier <hottvr@tfs.net>
Subject: Re: Car number question
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 08:18:19 -0800
Mike,
    The #99, if you are the only driver in a particular car at a national or
tour,
puts you running last. The cars are usually run in numerical sequence, #1 is
first, etc.
    If a car has co-drivers in the same heat, then the highest number for the
first driver is #40, and the second driver must use #140.
    Some think running last is very good as the course is clean(er) and the
driver
has had a chance to watch everyone else, except those numbered 100-140.
    Others prefer a low number so they can get it over with! :-)
    So, #99 is a good number.
    Numbers have yet to be allocated according to last year's finishing position
at nationals. There might be some regions that do that but it would be a purely
local deal.
--Pat Kelly