MX-6 power steering

To: Autox List Nationals <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: MX-6 power steering
From: Andy McKee <andrewmckee@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 10:29:45 -0800 (PST)
Anyone have experience with an MX-6's power steering giving up under
certain conditions?  I'm loaning my daily driver to a friend for the
SD Tour, and in an event this weekend she said the steering effort was
tremendous in a couple places on course.  I tried the car (for the
first time) in fun runs and the PS quit assisting in hard
right-to-left transitions.  It would recover shortly after, but that
might be a couple of gates in a slalom.  Running the course in reverse
where those hard R-to-L transitions became L to R the problem was not
evident.  Any MX-6 guys care to comment?

-Andy McKee

P.S.  I'm still driving the MR2, don't even *think* I'd go back to FWD.