Re: Pressure washers?

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>,
Subject: Re: Pressure washers?
From: rohns@doitnow.com (Jim & Marilyn Rohn)
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 22:48:12 -0700 (MST)
At 8:38 PM 3/8/99, Mark J. Andy wrote:
>Howdy,
>
>Sorta autox related... After all, you gotta clean the car... :-)
>
>Anyone have any advice on pressure washers?  I'd prefer to spend $300 or
>so.  Are the 1500psi, 2gpm units I see at that price point any good or am
>I just wasting my money?

I bought the "Karcher" brand 1200psi unit from Costco 2 years ago. i wish I
had done it 10 years prior. It does a great job of cleaning everything and
uses very little water. It has a low pressure siphon for sudsing and the
high pressure for spraying/rinsing/cleaning. I still use a wash mitt to do
the actual cleaning, but the hi pressure works great to keep the underside
nice..

Added bonus, it cleans off all the tire marks off the concrete driveway and
I use it to clean the house  and the patio/cool deck around the pool area
as well.

Extra added bonus: It does a great job of moving the leaves around without
the annoying leaf blower noise

>I need it for car / trailer / motorsports washing if it matters...

will work great for that. I think they are $129 at Costco now (paid $149
for ours :-(

Jim Rohn
Scottsdale, AZ