Re: Student Project

To: Gemery@aol.com, "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Student Project
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 17:23:05 -0700
Gemery@aol.com wrote:

> Shawn replied:
> > But FSAE cars do have wings!  (At least, the good ones do).
>
> I stand corrected then (none of the FSAE cars I've seen had'em) and would
> agree that they'd be underpowered in that case.

        For some reason I seem to recall that there were some FSAE cars that
were equipped with wings that were attached to the suspension rather
than the chassis, and for some reason this was considered illegal for
Solo II?

        I'm not flaming here, I'm just honestly curious about FSAE designs. And
why, in what is  effectively an unlimited class, that active aerodynamic
aids aren't allowed. I understand why sucker cars aren't allowed, but
what about unsprung wings?

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/