Student Project

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Student Project
From: Maria I Vassilieva <masha@WPI.EDU>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 23:57:59 -0500 (EST)
Hello,
My name is Maria, I am working on FSAE project at Worcester Polytechnic
Institute, and I was wondering if you guys could answer a little question.
We built a car for a competition, and we are not sure what class we are
in.  We think it's SOLO II, but we need to know for sure, and I found a
lot of contradicting info on the web...
Our car is an open wheeled, open single seater, constructed out of a
chrome moly space frame weighing 500lbs.  It is powered by a
600cc-motorcycle engine with a 20mm restrictor plate on the intake,
producing just under 100hp.  There is a picture of the last year's car
(it's an annual project) at http://jjrencis.wpi.edu/fsae.  It's kind of
big, so if it takes you like an hour to download the page, I apologize for
the inconvenience :-)
Anyway, if anybody can help us, it will be greatly appreciated!!!
We just need to know if this car qualifies for SOLO II....
Thank you all in advance! :-)))

Maria Vassilieva
masha@wpi.edu
Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Mechanical Engineering Department