Re: Delorean

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Delorean
From: "Ron and Angie" <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 23:16:19 -0500
>> On a whim, I typed "www.delorean.com" into my browser, and
>> lo-and-behold, there's actually a wealth of information there!  As
>> others have already mentioned, the engine was the PRV V-6, developing
>> 130 HP at 5500 RPM and 153 lb-ft of torque at 2750 RPM.  It weighed
>> 2844 lbs.
>>
>> -jef
>
>My apologies if this info has been posted before, but I believe that the
>V6 in the Delorean is a slightly modified version of the 2.8 and its
>younger brother the 3.1 liter engines that power many of GM's cars of
>yesteryear, including mine.

No the Delorean does not have a four cylinder.  No it does not have any GM
engine in it at all.  At least a stock one does not.  It's not even a
modified 60-degree GM V6.  It is the PRV V6 already mentioned.  It is a SOHC
V6, and it really predates the GM DOHC V6s.  But it has nothing in common
with a GM engine.  The only thing the Delorean has in common with GM is John
Z DeLorean.  Max speed is said to be 150MPH, but was only designed to go
130MPH.  So the 85MPH along with the 1.21 GW of electricity is easily
obtainable for time travel.  Go here for more -
http://www.delorean.com/faq/faq.htm

BTW, I hear the coke was optional........

Ron and Angie - Dalton, Ga
84 300ZX Turbo    77 Spitfire      92 Tempo GLS    62 Vitesse
IZCC# 4779   TLS#30

Everybody's got opinions,
But nobody's got the answers.
And the steak you ate for breakfast,
Will only give you cancer. - "Somebody Save Me" Cinderella