Re: Braking technique

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Braking technique
From: "D. Barry Stubbs" <z24man@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 20:57:23 -0500
> For a very bad example, my Chev. Tahoe does a very poor job braking on any
> surface (it's a tug). Once ABS decides to get involved, it's 10x worse.

I've heard from many people that GM ABS units are functionally dumb,
including dramatically increasing stopping distances on all surfaces
versus what can be accomplished by even an average driver that knows
something about not panicing.  Another example of what happens when we
let something electronic take over something that a human could've done
perfectly well... <sigh>.

D. Barry Stubbs                                    http://surf.to/z24man
(912) 745-9429                                     AOL IM: thez24man
z24man@earthlink.net                               ICQ #5409648
#101GS Atlanta Region SoloII                       88 2.8 5Spd White Z24