Re: Event exposure & attracting new members.

To: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>, <Hottvr@aol.com>, <forestg@ionet.net>,
Subject: Re: Event exposure & attracting new members.
From: "Williams" <bswilliams@myriad.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 17:45:08 -0600
Our club, the "Texas A&M Sports Car Club" has often held exibition events on
campus during Parents Weekend.  We have a car show with cars and videos in
the middle of campus, and set up a course on a perimeter lot.  The problem
we ran into was getting a suitable lot.  There are a LOT of cars on campus
those weekends, 40K+ students have a lot of parents, and they are as loyal
as the kids.
I wish we could revive this tradition.  It was very effective, and seeing
Turbo Toddie in his CP Firebird on a tiny lot would be a hoot!

Bryan Williams

Beer Money Racing