Some 300ZXT Q's

To: "autocross list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Some 300ZXT Q's
From: "Ron and Angie" <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 20:13:10 -0500
Until I get the Spitwad race worthy, I've decided to run my 84 300ZXT.  I
know, I don't stand a chance, it's a fat pig, but in it's defense, it's a
fast fat pig.  Do most competitors remove the glass T-tops?  Is the chance
of breakage high if I leave the T-tops in?  Has anyone replaced the glass
tops with metal ones?  Would that even be legal in stock?  With the T-tops
removed, there is a ton of flex in the car.  With allot of flex, that would
hurt the handling badly, and I need every bit of help I can get.

Now, let's get to some serious Q's.  Anyone in the past or currently run a
300ZXT, specifically an 84?  Since it would be in stock, I will be stuck
with 15" wheels, not the nice 16" inchers from 86 up.  It has the electronic
adjustable suspension, also.  Any ideas where to start on the setup for the
suspension?  Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, thanks to all that replied to my Porsche query.  I will probably end up
with a Turbo, but the S2 looks mighty tasty!  Maybe a 944 Turbo S2 :-)  Best
of both worlds?

Ron and Angie - Dalton, Ga
84 300ZX Turbo    77 Spitfire      92 Tempo GLS    62 Vitesse
IZCC# 4779   TLS#30

Everybody's got opinions,
But nobody's got the answers.
And the steak you ate for breakfast,
Will only give you cancer. - "Somebody Save Me" Cinderella