Re: removeable Rearview

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>, team net <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: removeable Rearview
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 23:55:20 -0600
Mark Sirota wrote:

> TeamZ3@aol.com wrote:
> > Just undo it and keep it in the car.
>
> Once again, just like always, everyone (not just Mark) seems to think
> it's about some miniscule amount of weight rather than a real
> competitive advantage (better visibility towards the right front
> corner).
>
> It's almost never about that miniscule amount of weight.  Next time you
> catch yourself thinking that, think again.
>
> It's clearly illegal, the way I read the book.

        I don't read it as a weight issue at all. It's clearly a visibility
issue,
and hence a performance advantage. But the mirror is designed (at least this
is how I've heard it) to be easilly removable with a clip. No special tools or
tools of any kind are needed to do this. It's a factory designed feature, and
I would see it as completely legal.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/