Re: Synthetic Lubes & GM drivers

To: dkyeung@juno.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Synthetic Lubes & GM drivers
From: SlyFoxRc@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 15:51:53 EST
In a message dated 2/16/99 11:18:10 AM Pacific Standard Time, dkyeung@juno.com
writes:

<< I'd like to query driver/owners of GM cars about the use of synthetic
 lube in the power steering pump.  Redline has a product and now Valvoline
 has a *blend* on the market.  my PS pump starts whining like a Ford's
 after every lap around the course.  your thoughts please?  TIA. >>
The Redline product works great, I have used it for years in my ESP
Camaro steering.  Problem is with heating of the fluid as well as the
petroleum based oils will start to foam easier than a synthetic.  Any
foaming and the pump is then trying to push air and it starts telling
you about it.....the dreaded whine.
Tracy Sandberg
Sly Fox Racing