[BOUNCE autox@Autox.Team.Net: Non-member submission from ["K.C. Babb"

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: [BOUNCE autox@Autox.Team.Net: Non-member submission from ["K.C. Babb" <kcb4286@hps13.iasl.ca.boeing.com>]]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 13:44:05 -0700 (MST)
     Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 09:43:29 -0800 (PST)
     From: "K.C. Babb" <kcb4286@hps13.iasl.ca.boeing.com>
     Subject: Re: Loti in all classes, corrected data

>    First of all I think you need to talk to some Porch guys about Rex' car
> cuz from what I could tell the red car was a very well thought out peice and
> very very fast! Whatdya think Curt? Greg? Karen says Rex' red car wasn't the
> right peice for ASP! I sure don't remember seein Rex walk across but I ahve

Do a spreadsheet comparison on that car and the Mitchell car.  Dwight's was
optimized for weight (ask him the specifics) and I've never heard of another
which approached it.  Oh, I forget.  You don't generally have the time for
things like doing background work to acquire real data.  See below for
more stellar examples of your "accuracy".

>  Charlie never had a decent car before the Elan,
> >unless you're a Rabbit GTI fan.
>
>    Really? How'd he do in your MR2?

My MR2 understeers persistently, in contrast to that of Andy McKee.  That's
about as valid a data point as a GTI.  Especially in the rain on sealed
concrete.  Is this the type of "useful insight" you typically exhibit?

> Craig Carr, another Elan pilot, was
> >one of the few to trophy high in ASP in a Z-car, so his later success
> >was predictable.
>
>    I wasn't aware of that, that's really cool, do you think he will ever
> prepare his car beyond stock with bigger wheels?

This is a good example of your ignorance; have you looked under that car?
Do you know the spring rates?  How many times they have been changed?  Sway
bar configuration?  Camber adjustment accommodation?  Gearing selection?
Update/backdate optimization?  Engine preparation?  Obviously not.

> And that other Elan guy was fast enough to trophy
> >quite well in CS long ago at his very first Nationals in an Rx-7.
>
>     Milligan is awsome, before my time though as I think I stated earlier.

Another demonstration of your ignorance and ability to leap to
invalid conclusions.  I was talking about Ron.  He would have won CS in
1980 but for a ticked apex cone which dropped him to a 5th place trophy.

Karen Babb