RE: 24 hour auto-x

To: Dale Botkin <dale@botkin.org>
Subject: RE: 24 hour auto-x
From: Peter Loron <peterl@cnw.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 15:32:48 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Dale Botkin wrote:

> All *I* want to know is, who pays the legal fees when the rental company
> sues everyone into oblivion for abusing the cars?  Sure, I can rent *one*,
> beat on it for the weekend, and probably get away with it...  but that many,
> with that kind of publicity?  Think someone might catch on?
>
> Dale

Get a dealer to sponsor the event! "...come on! Please give us some cars
to thrash!..."

> > > be
> > > tires?
> > > >

> >     Patrick Washburn  said ...
> >
> > > What else......Neons!
> > >
> >     So, all you neon people out there, could a neon really hold up to 24
> > hours of constant abuse? How about new Beetles or Toyota Celica GT's
> > instead?
> >
> >     John Moore

Peter Loron                                                  peterl@cnw.com
Before the invention of eruptions, lava had to be carried down the mountain
by hand and thrown on the sleeping villagers. This took a lot of time.