Re: Importing to Ca. (slight Ax content)

To: asp125@concentric.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Importing to Ca. (slight Ax content)
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 13:01:45 EST
In a message dated 99-02-05 01:50:17 EST, asp125@concentric.net writes:

<<
 Do any of you left-coasters know if there are hassles bringing a 49-state
 car into CA? Especially one that's been modified (later engine, stock
 otherwise). What are the pitfalls or potential costs: emissions, retrofits
 etc?? Reply privately if not of general interest to the list. Any BTDTs? I
 am out of state, but might bring my cars with me.

No retrofits, just a one-time $300 "Environmental impact fee per car, unless
it was manufactured to CA emissions to begin with.

CHD