autox-cm

Re: CM F2000

To: Josh Sirota <josh@sirota.org>
Subject: Re: CM F2000
From: j <garryj@localnet.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:16:01 -0500
Tommy wrote:
 > Don't over react!  Think about it, the 2000 fits.

Actually, the place for FF2000 is B Mod.  The FA cars are very expensive
to buy, develop, and maintain.  The sportsracers and big formula cars
are the ones that need to be restricted in some way to allow the FF2000
to be competitive.  I believe a FF2000 set up as well as a top notch CM
car would beat CM by at least 1.5 seconds per day at Nationals, maybe
more.  It wouldn't take all that much to slow down the current BM cars
to make FF2000 competitive there.

So if there is an outcry to make the FF2000 competitive in Solo II, then
a realigned BM is the place for it.  However, except for maybe one voice
on the MAC, Chris P, and Tommy, there has been no call for it.

Jim