autox-cm

FF2000 to/from FF1600 Conversions?

To: CM<autox-cm@autox.team.net>
Subject: FF2000 to/from FF1600 Conversions?
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 10:32:54 -0500
Another question

I have the impression that "some" FF2000's and FF1600's are basically the
same chassis and are designed to be "convertible". I think Gary G's Reynard
used to be a 2000.

However, I also have the impression that many/most/all of the older cars,
including early to mid 80's cars which happen to be the most common in CM
are not convertible from 1600 to 2000. I'm pretty sure that my 85 Van
Diemen isn't convertible to FF2000.

What is the actual situation?

My gut feel is that this complicates the situation if people start
considering converting 1600's to 2000's if they believe the 2000's will
have an advantage. Not only would it add significant cost but it would
potentially obsolete a bunch of non convertible cars.

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen FF