Outside mirror question

To: "'Alpine Discussion List'" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Outside mirror question
From: "Bill Mounce" <bmounce@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:10:46 -0400
I am installing the outside mirrors on my Alpine.  The ones I selected are
the flat round units, which mount using a single stud fixed to the base
rather than two sheet metal screws.  I wish to locate them outside the vent
window, but when I reach inside the door, there is all kinds of 'stuff' in
my way, bracketry, etc.  My car is finished, so I get one shot at this (or,
multiple shots if I don't mind extra holes).  These are fairly common
mirrors; has anyone mounted them who would be willing to take some
measurements from a fixed point, and/or send me some digital pix of their
successful installation?  Thanks in advance.

Bill

67 SV