Re: gas smell

To: Bill Mounce <bmounce@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: gas smell
From: Ron Tebo <mrtebo@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 12:11:51 -0700
Bill:

No! not normal or expected!  And since you own a Series v, the problem
is most likely a leak in the tube that goes from left to right tank to
balance the two, behind the rear valence, or, if it occurs mainly when
tanks are full, in the vent tube that crosses between the tanks in the
upper rear of the trunk. I would fix immediately, and in the meantime,
keep a fire extinguisher handy and the car outside! (I assume you have
already checked under the hood and gaslines).