Got my Horns working

To: Alpine List <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Got my Horns working
From: Bill & Denise Harben <harbens@JoiMail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:04:02 -0700
For 6 months, I could not get the horns on my SIV working. Tried
installing a horn relay so all that current wouldn't have to travel
through the moving friction contact in the steering column.  That didn't
do it.

Finally yesterday, while reading the manual and toying around with them,
I found a procedure that worked for both horns. This may already be
widely known, but it wasn't to me.

With an ohmmeter across the two horn spade contacts, I backed off the
adjusting screw until the ohmmeter read infinite. Then turned the screw
clockwise until the ohmmeter just started to read. It read about 5 Ohms.
This procedure worked for both horns and as far as I can tell, I
couldn't find it in the manual.

Hope this helps someone.

Happy tooting.

Bill Harben