Re: Storage tips?

To: Keith Johnson <keiths55@bigpond.net.au>, GSTROM99@aol.com
Subject: Re: Storage tips?
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@accesswave.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:43:44 -0400
Keith and others,

It is strongly recommended that you FILL the tank before storing as this
will eliminate the possibility of condensation in the tank and eventual
rusting out from the inside. We in the north, seldom have problems with
skunky gas in the spring as 6 months is not a problem.

Regards,
Bob

At 02:56 AM 11/10/2003, Keith Johnson wrote:
>I would be reluctant to park it for several months with a full tank as the
>fuel "goes off".
>I would try for less than 1/4 tank and put fresh in it when I want it out
>again.
>
>Keith
>55 Californian
>57 Rapier

Robert (Bob) A.C. Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada
Home Page: www.accesswave.ca/~hamilton
Sunbeam Talbots - Alpine, Drophead and Saloon, 1953-1954
Sunbeam Talbot Web Page: www.sunbeamtalbot.info
[Stable mates - 1973 Midget and 1968 M-B 280SE]
E-Mail: hamilton@accesswave.ca or robertach@ca.inter.net