Weber vs Ventilation Regular

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Weber vs Ventilation Regular
From: jim williams <sportsix63@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:54:46 -0700 (PDT)
I installed a Weber carb. on my wife's Series V
Alpine. Due to the location of the hole in the
intake manifold the original valve won't fit. Plus
the hole drilled in the manifold is too large for
the original valve.( the height of the valve on our
car hits the float chamber of the carb.) How have
others overcome this problem?? Since the valve needs
to be mounted in the upright position simply putting
it inline shouldn't work? Or should it??
Thanks