Re: Is anybody home? Monterey Historics

To: SLaifman@socal.rr.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Is anybody home? Monterey Historics
From: RootesAlpine@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 08:10:42 EDT
Steve,
I tried to get to the races a couple years ago and, word to the wise, leave
your hotel at 2:00 a.m. or you will never get there.  The line streached for
miles and miles and they would not even let you enter from the main highway.
We
passed many overheated and returning cars on the back road through 6 - 8
miles of Fort Ord hills.  We inched through for 6 hours and when we got there
they
wanted us to park on a mowed hill at a 20% grade that was dry and just ready
to burn.   We went home.   We heard the engines but that was it.  I will never
try again
Rob C