Headless in Tennessee

Subject: Headless in Tennessee
From: Rob Taylor <alpinersv66@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 17:05:20 -0500
Hi guys,

Well, over the past couple of years I've been dealing with an overheating
problem with my SV66 which turned out to be a blown head gasket - as several
of you have astutely diagnosed.

I've had the head shaped up - new valves, guides, hardened seats, new
springs, etc, etc... Now it's time to put Humpty back together again. I have
a shop manual for the car - but, I suspect there are details missing. I've
grown weary of towing bills and local mechanics who promise everything, but
deliver nothing except excuses, delays, outright bald faced lies and
outrageous bills.  Is anyone willing to share a bit of knowledge about this
process.

Torque wrench in hand - eagerly awaiting instruction.

Thanks Much in Advance.

Rob T.
SV 66 1725