Re: Shipping Costs

To: awmcgregor@shaw.ca, armorseal@spiretech.com
Subject: Re: Shipping Costs
From: "Ohan Korlikian" <yvrcanada@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 18:41:27 -0800
Try Searail
http://www.searail.ca/

I used them before when I shipped a car from Vancouver, BC to Montreal, PQ.
They offered door to door service and charged me $1,000.00 CAD tax,
insurance and all.

Although they prefer the car runs, I'm sure if you talk to the right person,
they may make an exception.

I just got a S-V this weekend and I am planning on picking it up next
friday. I thought of using searail, however, they require a weeks notice and
could not guarantee the pick up time.

The time is important because, US Customs at the Pacific truck crossing
requires 72 hours notice to conduct a background check on the car before
they can allow passage.

US CUSTOMS OUTBOUND TEAM, 9901 Pacific Hwy, Blaine WA 98230
(360)332-2632 (360)332-2341 fax
Hours of operations: 08:00-17:00 monday-friday.

Now the MOST important thing is to ensure the car reaches their attention
between these hours otherwise you are looped. They will not allow the car to
be parked there and Canada customs will not grant entry until you get the
clearance from US Customs stamps.
Planning is the key.

If you call US Customs they can e-mail or fax you the "exporter's used
vehicle worksheet"

Once in Canada, you will need to complete a "vehicle import form" and pay
the GST.

I hope this helps. If you need more info drop me a line.

Ohan Korlikian
Vancouver, BC
'64 Series IV Alpine GT B9405413 LRX
www.sunbeamcanada.org